Here you find the history of AntRunner.
- support of the keep going option
- support of the no input option
- Integration into JBuilder's build system (for JB>=7)
Refactoring of stop ant action in the toolbar: Stopping all
running nodes for the current project.
- possible to call context actions for a node that is not active
show a warning icon in the status panel when ant finished with an
error or warning
- Reload buildfile possible for all ant nodes in the project.
- Fixed bug: Check for null when stop ant action is called
- Fixed bug: Umlauts for the german translation
Fixed bug: NullPointerException in project overview context action
Fixed bug: The finish button in the ant node wizard is now enabled on
all pages after the selection of a build file
Worked on bug: AntRunner panel is occasionally sized to maximum
when when it is opened (improved but not completely fixed)
- Fixed bug: Context menu working for JBuilder 4
Fixed bug: Use of ANT's internal parser was not correctly initialized
- Fixed bug: Refactoring of internal parser
- Initial viewer for ANT build files
- Initial editor support for ANT build files
Easier configuration of ANT script file by selecting the ANT_HOME
some support of the new import statement (Not working if properties
are used, fully working with the ANT parser)
- user can choose to use ANT or AntRunner parser
- display of compile status
show broken X while ANT is running.
This will work only for JB6 and above.
added context menu to the compiler output to
- jump to the selected message
- copy the output of ANT to the clipboard
- now possible to copy ANT's output to clipboard
check if a file exists after a click before trying to open it in the
started to work with checkstyle and clean of code according to
Removed NoSuchMethodError -bug in communication between AntRunner and
Message window 'Check ANT settings' does not appear if build fails.
Removed use of GlobalBooleanProperty in IDESettings which made it
incompatible with JBuilder 4
Fixed mix up between ENABLE_SHELL and ENABLE_UPDATE property of the
- Added japanese translation
- Added suport for description
- Added support for entities.
- Tooltips for the buttons in the message pane
- Last active node is now being kept
- select with description now ignores targets starting with a '-'
- now possible to parse line:col pairs after a filename
- some small refactorings
- CaughtNullPointerException when configuring AntRunner for the IDE for the first time
- With JDK 1.3 or below AntRunner tries only once to create a reusabel serversocket
- Use of an InputSource for the build file parser. This caused problems with JBuilder 5
Thanks to Matt Hope for testing this
- removed some methods that are new with JDK 1.4
a popup to appear in JBuilder
- Added dutch resources
- Added portuguese resources
- overall refactoring and repackaging
- redesign of ANT output
- navigation in error output
- GUI for loggers
- support of the ANSIColorLogger
- language selectable
- separation of the AntRunner help in the toolbar, so that it can be hidden
- own parser for build files. Tasks are now independent of the ANT JDK.
- No need of knowing the ant jars.
- verbosity is being set by a slider
- removed need for a configuration file
- tasks whose name start with a '-' are not selectable for execution.
- AntRunner properties are stored in a
- Translations into Portuguese and japanese
- added a space before the user configured command line in call to ant
- be compatible to JDK1.3 in creating the server socket.
- support of spaces in target names
- own action group for AntRunner
- refactoring of communication with ANT using sockets
- own loggers are now possible
- corrected typo in resources that caused a MessageFormatException
- removed a trailing file string in the filename in a message
- Each project has it's own AntRunner-tab
- change to project (optional) when clicking on an antrunner tab
- stop ant run from the antrunner tab (context menu)
- Refactoring how AntNode computes its children
- Possible to display project help
- Added command line options -verbose, -debug, -quiet
- Local properties contain the ant project name. Thus multiple Projects may
resist in the same directory.
- context menu of AntNode has its own group for AntRunner
- possible to configure the directory where ant is started
- added possibility for an automatic selection of targets with description
- key binding is configurable by the default key customizer
- added key binding for stop ant action
- compiler message switches to the project where the error occurred
- parallel compiling in multiple projects
- support of environment properties
- redesign of property pages. It is more save to avoid user input for the
- display of a message if AntRunner is not configured for the IDE on startup
- display of ant command line call in the tab panel
- error messages are displayed in red
- a prefix of " is cut in the filename
- removed the setting 'append to logfile'
- The debug log does not use a panel but the shell output
Refactoring of the target map. This is done to enable a preselection of the used targets.
- Selection of targets to use by additional property page
- Removed 'only targets with description' setting
- Last used target is stored in a separate Properties file. The local properties
are overwritten so I cannot store values there.
Thus the project needs no saving if you choose another target.
- Refactoring of fetchAntNode
- Remove of calls to the fetchAntNode method. This should speed up a little.
- name of the project (if present) is included in the node name.
- Added property to keep the default target.
- Remove the arbitrary command. This should be done through the windows settings.
- Ant actions are now disabled if ant is running.
- added ability to call the ant manual
- ant target group now recognizes a null target as the default target
- ant's output in fixed font
- Check for ant running before another thread is started
-> AntRunner panel is not cleared when ant is running.
- the 'warning:' prefix is cut
- Notification if a project is set up for a prior version of AntRunner
- ant is executed in the project directory
- Refactoring of adding build file as a child: Existing nodes in the project
are moved to AntNode as a child.
- ant node is removed if no build file selected (JB5 and upwards)
- possibility to stop ant
- fixed bug in 1.2 'only targets with description'
- more detailed message if user has selected 'only targets with
description' and thus no targets are found because they don't have a
- Refactoring of browser actions. The problem that ant consumes more and
more of the CPU time should be fixed now.
- Refactoring of the online processing of ants output
- improved detecting of parser errors in the build.xml
- command line option -v works
- message 'AntAlready started' is shown before another thread is started
- display of error messages if a thread is started twice
- display of error message if AntNode property page cannot be
- refactoring of output parser
- now possible to jump to a file mentioned in ANT's output
- Compatibility to Ant1.4
- Configuration of ANT now from the project menu instead of the tools
- Refactoring of the online processing.
- Warning is displayed if ant is started twice.
- Reload of ant build files
- If the target has a description it is displayed in the status bar if
you move the mouse over the corresponding entry in the target list.
- Added an arbitrary command to let the user modify the call to the ant
scriptfile. This might be interesting for users of Windows ME.
- Online processing of ANT messages.
- XML-errors while compiling are parsed and presented in the
compiler-tab. You can jump to the location by clicking on the message.
- Errors in XML structure are shown when clicking on the node properties.
- Support of spaces in filename and -path (windows specific)
- Internal JVM support of ANT removed
- Help pages for the property pages
- If the call to ant wasn't successfully this failure is now detected
and presented to the user.
Known sources of this problem:
- the path to the ant script is wrong
- due to an bug in ant: the classpath contains spaces
- This version is just a bug fix. If you wanted to create an
AntNode for a new project an error occurred. This error should now
- The internal name of the Ant-Node was changed from AntNode to
AntRunner. This was necessary to use AntRunner.
and the OpenTool Ant Tool on the same project. If you have installed the
version you will see a question mark instead of the Ant icon. You have
to configure a new Ant Node via the menu Tools -> Configure Ant. To
remove the old Ant node with the question mark you have to change the .jpr
or .jpx manually.
- Version 0.6b introduced the external JVM for ANT
. It is not necessary to use the JBuilder
internal JVM for ANT
. Therefore the internal JVM was dropped and only the external JVM will
- It is possible to display only targets with description. This is
useful if you have many internal targets. So you can add for each target
you want to use from JBuilder.
a description and only this targets are displayed. Currently you have to
change to another project and back or to restart JBuilder
to activate this change.
- You can use AntRunner
in a JVM of its own. ANT
called from AntRunner
should behave nearly the same as the standalone ant.
Last modified: Fri Feb 18 10:48:13 CET 2005
© Copyright 2001-2003 by Dirk Schnelle